Thursday, August 12, 2004

US Olympic Men's Basketball Team to Athens

A lot things have been said about this Athens Olympics Dream Team; how they're too young and inexperienced, how they got clotheslined by Italy and needed a buzzer-beater to beat Germany in pre-Olympic exhibition matches (considering both countrys aren't the strongest opposition in international play). But I'm reserving comment until the Games start this Friday. Last Olympics in Sydney, I actually fell off my bed when Vince Carter of Team USA flew over and dunked on Frederic Weis of France. The guy Carter jumped over was 7'2".... SEVEN FEET AND TWO INCHES TALL. Para kang nanuod ng luksong-baka... kaya lang yung tumalon may hawak na bola... tapos yung 'taya' nakatayo ng tuwid... tapos sinlaki ng tikbalang. Win or lose this time around, I'm going to enjoy the new Dream Team and their talented players... specially my namesake, Carmelo Anthony.

No comments: