Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Solutions Architect

During my last pipeline meeting with our CEO, I was told that they were planning on making me a Solutions Architect. He gave me a brief (read: freaking vague) description of what it is, but given my boss' severe deficiency syndrome with anything technical, I sat there thinking, "uhm... solutions WHAT?" His explanation ran against my perception of the job description like a buzzsaw cutting against the grain of a piece of wood. His attempt to elaborate was so muddy, I got a toothache in my brain and a headache in my tummy... But as with my life with the company for the past 13 years, you learn to take what comes along. Being thrown around like a rag doll is nothing new to me by now... but being a "solutions architect" I sheepishly admit sounds a bit nice... like it's something I may actually be able to do stuff with (unlike this half-marketing crap they last tossed me into). A bit of the creative juices, I feel, are creeping up my spine towards my brain as I speak.

No comments: